PAVILION CUP POND HOCKEY - RULES
- 16 natural pond rinks
- Ice surface is approx. 60’ X 120’.
- Nets are 6 inches high and 6 feet wide.
- Nets are flush to the end line (no ice behind the nets); boards are made of snow.
- All games are 35 minutes in length, consisting of two 15-minutes halves with a 3-5 minute break between halves (break time is weather depending). A scorekeeper will monitor games.
- Games will be played until horn is sounded.
- Each team will have 4 scheduled games, including 1 game under the lights.
- Games on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, play-offs begin on Saturday after regulation games are complete.
- Teams can only obtain +10 goals per game.
- Teams who make the playoffs will be determined in the following order 1) games won; 2) goals scored to a max of 10 per game; 3) goals scored against; and 4) head to head.
- ALL GAMES START ON THE HOUR and end at the sound of the siren. Any team not arriving on the ice with at least 3 players within 5 minutes of start time automatically forfeits game. The late team will forfeit the game with a 10-0 score awarded to the opponent. There will be no rescheduled games.
- Game schedule and standings will be available throughout the event online at www.pavilioncup.com.
- 5 Divisions: Men’s open, Men’s Masters(35+), Men's Recreational (no playoffs), Women’s open and Co-Ed Division (2 men, 2 women)
- Wild card spots may be added depending on total number of teams in each division.
- Minimum age for all players is 19 years old as of February 1, 2013.
- Any underage player will be ejected from the tournament and the team will not be able to replace him/her. Identification may be required.
- Teams are limited to 4 players for game play. Spare players must be registered with the tournament. Please note format changes for 2013: Teams will be allowed to use their spare in all games regardless of whether or not the opposing team has a spare. Players can only be substituted after a goal (when the teams return to their respective halves of the ice.)
- No goalies permitted (or needed!)
- All players must wear a Helmet, Skates, a Team Jersey and carry a Hockey Stick. Full hockey equipment is permitted. Goalie Sticks are not permitted.
- It is recommended that players also wear Shin Pads, Hockey Gloves, Elbow Pads, Face masks.
- If the puck leaves the playing surface, players should not pursue or chase pucks as the assigned score keeper will have extra pucks and immediately spot a puck for play to continue in the same area.
- Officials reserve the right to prohibit a visibly intoxicated player from playing.
- All participants are expected to behave in the spirit of sportsmanship throughout the weekend. Those teams determined not to be participating in a sportsmanlike manner may be ejected and prohibited from future participation.
- Similar to last year, team Captains are responsible for checking scoresheet and signing off on it; a signed scoresheet cannot be contested.